CHEF KATHY RANA
Many people point to their ethnic heritage for culinary inspiration and experience. This Jersey Girl says "Growing up in New Jersey we had the best of all culinary worlds. In New Jersey's suburbs you can you get awesome Italian, fabulous Indian, authentic Thai, and spectacular Polish foods all within a 10 mile radius."
A culinary adventurer, Chef Kathy has traveled throughout the US, South America, Europe, and Asia, learning the varied techniques of regional and ethnic cuisines from master cooks and chefs.
Introduced at an early age to the joys of cooking, she learned how to prepare the perfect chicken soup with homemade noodles from her Hungarian grandmother, and the art of cookie and cake baking from her mother, a professional baker.
Chef Kathy started Madeline's Table personal chef service in 2004 out of a desire to bring real food to the busy families of central New Jersey.
Kathy uses healthy cooking techniques in combination with fresh, seasonal ingredients to prepare meals that are balanced, flavorful, and affordable. Kathleen enjoys introducing her clients to ethnic ingredients and cuisines.
A culinary instructor for over 12 years, Kathy’s goal is to help her students, adults and children, experience how easy it is to prepare great food while having fun with the creative process of cooking.
- Graduate Culinary Business Academy, 2004
- Preferred personal chef of American Express for Princeton and central New Jersey
- Contributing writer to Mercer County Woman Magazine and Namaste News
- Certified ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Examination, National Restaurant Association, 12/12/2005
- Member of the United States Personal Chef Association
- Member South Jersey Chapter of the USPCA
- Active member of the Central Jersey Bicycle Club (CJBC)
- Community Involvement:
- Co-Founder, Ninja Chefs for a Cause
- Taste of Lawrenceville
- Princeton YWCA - In The Pink Fashion Show
- Zonta Club - Gourmet Garden